(VIDEO: Click the image above to watch "PTNPA - 75 Years of History")
The Peanut and Tree Nut Processors Association (PTNPA) was established in 1939 and celebrated its 75th Anniversary in 2014!
Interestingly, over the years the Association has carried different names based on the expanding interest of the representation at the time (in chronological order):
- 1939: Peanut Butter Manufacturers Association
- 1956: Peanut Butter Sandwich and Cookie Manufacturers Association
- 1968: Peanut Butter Manufacturers Association
- 1969: Peanut Butter Manufacturers and Nut Salters Association
- 1982: Peanut Butter and Nut Processors Association
- 1995: Peanut and Tree Nut Processors Association
Today, the PTNPA represents the owners and operators of companies, large and small, who shell, process, salt and/or roast peanuts and tree nuts. In addition, our members also supply equipment and services that are critical to our industry.