Now Hiring: Member and Operations Support Specialist
Monday, February 3, 2020
PTNPA IS HIRING!
Position: Member and Operations Support Specialist, Full-time
About this Job:
Supports the development and implementation of PTNPA membership initiatives as outlined by the PTNPA Board of Directors and the PTNPA Team. Key roles include: responding to and resolving member inquiries and questions, processing membership applications and invoices, proactively managing PTNPA database and supporting membership related analysis by generating required reports. Works closely with the PTNPA Team to advance Member retention, satisfaction and recruitment efforts and support efficient operations of the Association. Ensures the documentation of clear, concise and current policies and procedures. Works with PTNPA Team to provide exceptional service to all PTNPA Members each and every day with goal of constantly improving Member satisfaction.
Member Database/ Dues/Registration Management and Event Support
- Responsible for the performance, integrity and security of PTNPA database, while looking for opportunities to gain efficiencies and effectiveness for PTNPA Members, and also troubleshooting challenges/issues on behalf of members and staff.
- Work with Membership Manager and Team Members to generate/produce regular reports to understand PTNPA Member profile, retention and attrition statistics – works with Membership Manager to convert data to become action steps in achieving satisfaction and membership retention goals.
- Collaborate closely with Membership/Operations team to ensure that annual member dues invoicing is executed both timely and efficiently and dues payments are made on time, with follow-up plan developed and implemented to ensure for financial stability of the organization and ongoing continuation of service/benefits for PTNPA Members.
- Work with team members to create and manage efficient and user friendly online Member event registration systems/forms
- Work closely with Membership Manager and/or Members to ensure member/company/contact information is current and PTNPA Member Directory is complete, informative and relevant.
- Assist in preparing for ongoing Member programs and special events (including shipping, preparing materials, photography, etc.).
- Provide general support to visitors and PTNPA Members onsite at meetings, as required
- Update Member Directory and Attendee lists in established format for events using available data
Member Management/Engagement and Visibility
- Manage all PTNPA Member inquiries, referrals, questions and requests generated via email, telephone or YourMembership database in timely and professional manner; direct inquiries to appropriate team members.
- Assist with sponsorship programs offered to PTNPA Members by managing database set-up/invoicing support for key event and year-round sponsorships and tracking/reconciling sponsor commitments with team members.
- Coordinate with Communications/Events Specialist to conduct regular Member Satisfaction surveys (related to Events and overall Membership).
- Work with team members to generate ideas/recommendations for increasing Member engagement, satisfaction, expansion and retention
- Manage Mobile APP development for all PTNPA events
- Provide onsite support for Members at select PTNPA events (i.e. Annual Convention, Annual DC Event, Regional Member Networking Events, Technical Forum. etc.)
- Prepare memos, reports and/or recommendations for proposed operational improvements
- Support Membership Manager with industry/member related research with input from Committee/team members
- Manage office inventory and collateral such as samples, handouts, sponsorship promotional materials and provide inventory updates on monthly/quarterly basis
- Work with team members to identify supplies/tools/software required to efficiently and effectively perform assigned responsibilities
- Work closely with Operation/Office Manager to ensure PTNPA Operations (Policies and Procedures) Manual is current and updated as necessary
- Other projects as needed to support ongoing Member satisfaction
Essential Skills and Experience:
Ideal candidates will have bachelor’s degree, demonstrate outstanding interpersonal and organization skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to proactively multi-task multiple competing priorities and demands. 3+ years working with professional team members, Board of Directors and/or Members in Trade Association or similar membership-based organizations is desired. Must have impeccable attention to detail and value the importance of customer service and relationship building, along with a sense of humor. Must show ability to interface with valued Members and vendors/service providers in professional and poised manner via email, telephone and in person, particularly in high-pressure situations.
Must be proficient in MS Office programs (Word, Excel and PowerPoint). Strong preference will be given to applicants familiar with or experienced using the YourMembership© database/technology platform. Experience with OneDrive, DropBox, SurveyMonkey and other similar tools a plus.
The PTNPA Member Services and Operations Specialist will work with PTNPA team members to welcome Members at Association sponsored/hosted events with demonstrated tact, diplomacy and ability to work well with staff, volunteers, and others. The PTNPA culture values flexible, self-driven, disciplined, creative, friendly, detail-oriented and fast-paced team members and offers opportunities for professional development and growth. Some travel to PTNPA Events (identified well in advance) is required.
About Peanut and Tree Nut Processors Association:
The Peanut & Tree Nut Processors Association (PTNPA) is an association of leading nut industry companies and representatives. PTNPA member companies range from large global organizations to small family-owned businesses that focus on the food industry production of peanuts and tree nuts – along with companies who supply equipment and services critical to the nut industry. The PTNPA also works closely with nut and food industry associations, alliances, and coalitions. PTNPA member companies employ millions of people and generate billions of dollars in today’s global economy and is growing in response to consumer interest and demands.
Required work authorization:
Full-time position, compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To Apply: email resume, cover letter, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org